Keen to ensure your early talent recruitment process is inclusive?
Here are our top tips for some proactive steps you can take to boost inclusion when recruiting early talent for your business:
Ensure your attraction process is inclusive for under-represented groups by considering –
- Targeted attraction campaigns to non-Russell Group universities, and those with a diverse student demographic such as MillionPlus member Universities. We will be holding an event on forging these connections in April. You can sign up below.
- Increase engagement with university careers services to promote the scheme to under-represented groups within their universities eg. London Business School ‘Out in Business’, ‘Black in Business’ and ‘Women in Business’.
Your careers website is essentially your shop window so make sure it is appealing and welcoming to all.
- Candidates relate to a company better when they can see ‘people like me’. Make sure you use inclusive wording on all job postings and imagery used in photographs and videos shows a range of demographics.
- Include ‘Hints and Tips’ for all stages of the application process in written and video format to support all of your candidates.
Make sure your recruitment process is inclusive by looking at values, strengths and behaviours as well as competencies and work experience.
- Be sure to capture whether candidates require additional support e.g. extra time for assessments early on in the application process and have a system in place to deliver this.
- Track applications to spot where under-represented groups fall out of the recruitment process. Consider interventions where required eg. one-to-one video interview coaching and assessment centre preparation support for these groups.